Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern War Faction

Let's build our faction rules here

1SG Norris
    1SG Norris
    Admin

Let's build our faction rules here Empty Let's build our faction rules here

Post by 1SG Norris Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:51 am

Thoughts:
    1. No political talk. Nothing deteriorates good friendships faster than debating politics.
    2. Be respectful. If you're joking, ensure your written tone makes that clear, or use emoticons to help illustrate it. Remember that jokes can be taken personal as well.
    3. Daily donations. The faction goal is 4 x IPH or $2M (whichever is greater). If you can't make that donation because of an upgrade you are trying to make, post what you are doing and try to make up for it on a future date.
    4. What constitutes acceptable participation in events. Real life gets in the way of fun for all of us at some points. However, at what point do we admit that certain members are not what the faction needs in order to continue to grow, and what are we willing to carry?

That's just a start. I don't want to create these rules myself. I prefer it be something we all had a part in to achieve buy-in from all. Post your thoughts below. Categorize them in things you feel strongly about and things you would like to see. I'll give more attention to the first category, however, we may not be able to accommodate them all if there is conflict with how other members feel.
    1SG Norris
    1SG Norris
    Admin

Let's build our faction rules here Empty Re: Let's build our faction rules here

Post by 1SG Norris Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 am

So far, we don't have concrete forcing functions to ensure participation/contributions. Do we need to incorporate a minimum standard so members know when they are in danger of being cut? I hate to remove someone when they think "I gave 2 blocks and $2M three weeks ago; I can't believe those @$$holes cut me."

I'm not as concerned with people falling slightly under the minimum standard from time to time. I'm more concerned with the people that clearly are weighing us down.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:37 pm

i would like to suggest that not all members are gold users, but are very good at other things like donating cash harvesting concrete, when we do come to the time of voting for eviction we take everything into consideration not just the preformance of one event Smile
    Any faction would be silly to think all we need is gold users we need all sorts and it would be a shame to loose a good player with very good donation record just cuz he/she did badly at event due to not using gold but thats just my opinion Smile

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Nima, we have been a mix of gold and free players from the start. Using gold is not a requirement either for joining or staying in this faction. Participation is key and as you pointed out can take many forms. But no matter how much someone contributes in cash or concrete if they don't show up for PVP and WD events then I would vote to drop them. I only have one vote and that's just my opinion. We placed 33rd in BfB with members who did not use any gold and many of those members are still in our faction today. They all made big contributions to our BfB ranking.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm

queenpanzer i know WTF is a mix and that using gold is not a requirement that was not my point my point was that if a none gold user has the lowest score in next BFG but has tried his best to score without using gold does he still get put up for eviction even if he is also a good cash contributer and over all regular player Smile

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:33 pm

I have read the ruleas and agree with all. As long as you give it your best there is no need to buy gold we do not know the financial concerns some people may have. If you contribute to the common good of WTF in whole and not just here for other members to win you your rewards. Then my vote would be to keep that player as they can help in area as above statements have suggested. Laughing

Thank You

Rarry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:53 am